Pubmed, a wellknown site has listed important studies going on around the world in various universities. These include…..
1. Activity of solvent extracts of Prosopis spicigera, Zingiber officinale and Trachyspermum ammi against multidrug resistant bacterial and fungal strains.(Khan R, Zakir M, Afaq SH, Latif A, Khan AU.J Infect Dev Ctries. 2010 Jun 3; 4(5):292-300.PMID: 20539061).
2. Zingiber officinale protects HaCaT cells and C57BL/6 mice from ultraviolet B-induced inflammation.(Guahk GH, Ha SK, Jung HS, Kang C, Kim CH, Kim YB, Kim SY.J Med Food. 2010 Jun;13(3):673-80.PMID: 20521990 ).
3. Protective effect of ginger against alcohol-induced renal damage and antioxidant enzymes in male albino rats.(Shanmugam KR, Ramakrishna CH, Mallikarjuna K, Reddy KS.Indian J Exp Biol. 2010 Feb;48(2):143-9.PMID: 20455323).
4. Ginger reduces severity of nausea in early pregnancy compared with vitamin B6, and the two treatments are similarly effective for reducing number of vomiting episodes.(Smith C.Evid Based Nurs. 2010 Apr;13(2):40. No abstract available. PMID: 20436140).
5. Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Reduces Muscle Pain Caused by Eccentric Exercise.(Black CD, Herring MP, Hurley DJ, O'Connor PJ.J Pain. 2010 Apr 23. [Epub ahead of print]PMID: 20418184).
6. Effect of gingerol on substance P and NK1 receptor expression in a vomiting model of mink.(Qian QH, Yue W, Chen WH, Yang ZH, Liu ZT, Wang YX.Chin Med J (Engl). 2010 Feb;123(4):478-84.PMID: 20193490).
7. 6-Dehydrogingerdione, an active constituent of dietary ginger, induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis through reactive oxygen species/c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathways in human breast cancer cells.(Hsu YL, Chen CY, Hou MF, Tsai EM, Jong YJ, Hung CH, Kuo PL.Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010 Feb 19. [Epub ahead of print]PMID: 20175081).