1. Törrönen, R. and Määttä, K. 2002. BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCES AND
HEALTH BENEFITS OF STRAWBERRIES. Acta Hort. (ISHS) 567:797-803
2. Wang SY, Jiao H: Scavenging capacity of berry crops on superoxide radicals, hydrogen peroxide, hydroxyl radicals, and singlet oxygen. J Agric Food Chem 2000 , 48:5677-5684.
3. Chang WC, Yu YM, Chiang SY, Tseng CY: Ellagic acid suppresses oxidised low-density lipoprotein-induced aortic smooth muscle cell proliferation: studies on the activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 and proliferating cell nuclear antigen expression. Br J Nutr 2008 , 99:709-714.
4. Navindra P. S., Berry Fruits for Cancer Prevention: Current Status
and Future Prospects J. Agric. Food Chem. 2008, 56, 630–635.
5. Hannum SM: Potential impact of strawberries on human health: a review of the science. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 2004 , 44:1-17.
6.Wolfe KL, Kang X, He X, Dong M, Zhang Q, Liu RH: Cellular antioxidant activity of common fruits. J Agric Food Chem 2008 , 56:8418-8426.
7. da Silva Pinto M, Kwon YI, Apostolidis E, Lajolo FM, Genovese MI, Shetty K: Functionality of bioactive compounds in Brazilian strawberry (Fragaria × ananassa Duch.) cultivars: evaluation of hyperglycemia and hypertension potential using in vitro models. J Agric Food Chem 2008 , 56:4386-4392.
8. Prior RL, Wu X, Gu L, Hager TJ, Hager A, Howard LR: Whole berries versus berry anthocyanins: interactions with dietary fat levels in the C57BL/6J mouse model of obesity. J Agric Food Chem 2008 , 56:647-653.
9. Tsuda T, Ueno Y, Aoki H, Koda T, Horio F, Takahashi N, Kawada T, Osawa T: Anthocyanin enhances adipocytokine secretion and adipocyte-specific gene expression in isolated rat adipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2004 , 316:149-157.
10. Sesso HD, Gaziano JM, Jenkins DJ, Buring JE: Strawberry intake, lipids, C-reactive protein, and the risk of cardiovascular disease in women.
J Am Coll Nutr 2007 , 26:303-310.
11. Yu YM, Chang WC, Wu CH, Chiang SY: Reduction of oxidative stress and apoptosis in hyperlipidemic rabbits by ellagic acid. J Nutr Biochem 2005 , 16:675-681.
12. Meenakshi S, Liya Li, Jeremy C, Caroline K, Abraham , Kovoor and Navindra P. S. Effects of Fruit Ellagitannin Extracts, Ellagic Acid, and Their Colonic Metabolite, Urolithin A, on Wnt Signaling† J. Agric. Food Chem., 2010, 58 (7), pp 3965–3969